Pinterest is a powerful platform for businesses of all sizes to showcase their products, services, and brand. With over 445 million monthly active users, Pinterest can be a valuable source of traffic and leads for your business.
Here are five tips to help you succeed on Pinterest for business:
Optimize Your Profile and Boards
Make sure your profile and boards accurately reflect your brand and what you offer. Use keywords in your profile and board titles to make it easier for users to find your content. You should take time to understand your audience before you do your keyword research.
Using keywords that are too broad in your profile, board descriptions and pin descriptions could affect your traffic potential. Pinterest users know what they are looking for; this is important to remember when creating content.
Here are some tips to remember when it comes to keyword research:
- Focus on medium and long-tailed keywords.
- Redo your keyword research regularly.
- Update your profile & boards with new relevant keywords when needed.
- Use the Pinterest Predicts report to inspire your keywords.
- You can also use the keyword tool in the ads manager and even use the Pinterest search bar to help you with your research efforts.
- Keysearch.co is also a great keyword research tool for Pinterest.
Use High-Quality, Visually Appealing Images
Pinterest is a visual discovery engine, and when searches are performed on the platform, visuals (graphics and videos) will come up. Using visually appealing images and graphics showcasing your products, services, and content is important.
To ensure that your graphics and videos provide a good user experience on Pinterest, ensure that:
- You use fonts that are large enough.
- Add a clear call-to-action to your graphics.
- If you sell products, the focus should be on your product, and it should be visible. Hint: the closer, the better.
- Ensure that your videos are filmed in high-quality.
- Use the in-app recording feature for Idea Pins.
- If your brand colors are close to one another, try to use darker colors for your fonts. Yes, branding is important, but if your audience can’t read your pins, they won’t click on them.
Create Boards Around Specific Themes
Organize your boards around specific themes or categories to make it easier for users to find what they’re looking for. For example, if you sell clothing, you could have separate boards for dresses, tops, and accessories.
Consistency is key on Pinterest, so make sure to pin regularly to keep your boards up-to-date and relevant. There is no set standard that represents the perfect number of pins you should share. Start with five to ten per day and increase or decrease based on what you see is working best. Consistency is key, but quality and optimization are important.
Utilize Pinterest Analytics
Pinterest offers its own analytics tool that allows you to track your performance and see what’s working and what’s not. Use this tool to see which pins are getting the most engagement and traffic, and adjust your strategy accordingly. You’ll want to ensure that you verify your website and add your tags accordingly.
By following these tips, you can increase your visibility and drive more traffic and leads to your website through Pinterest. We hope that you’ll use Pinterest for your business in 2023.