Is 2024 going to be the year that you focus on growing your list? If yes, we’ve got you covered with some impactful email marketing tips. Even if today, we have more options and platforms to choose from to market our business, we should never rely solely on other platforms. Having your own list of nurtured audience members is key. Let’s dive into how you can harness email marketing to expand your reach and grow your customer base.
The Power of a Strong Email List
A strong and engaged email list is a must for any brand. While it’s completely normal that it takes time to build such a list, it needs to be a focus. When a brand takes time to nurture its email list, the return is well worth it.
Crafting the Perfect Lead Magnet
One thing that you’ll need to grow your list is a compelling lead magnet. You need to give people an incentive to sign up for your email list. Your lead magnet can be a free offer or even a low-ticket offer.
The creation process involves identifying your audience’s pain points and offering a solution through your lead magnet. Ensure it’s high-quality, actionable, and directly relevant to your audience’s needs. Popular formats include video training, free guides, workbooks, and other offers.
Leveraging Pinterest for Growing Your List
One of the reasons brands and entrepreneurs love Pinterest to grow their list, is that it allows them to grow their list on an evergreen basis. In order for that to happen, proper keyword research needs to happen, and you need to spend time understanding how the platform works and come to terms with the fact that it’s a visual discovery engine, in other words, a search engine.
- Why Pinterest?: With over 482 million active users, Pinterest is a goldmine for reaching a wide audience. It’s particularly effective for businesses due to its visual nature and long content shelf life.
- Creating Compelling Pins: Design pins that are visually appealing and aligned with your brand aesthetic. Use high-quality images, engaging copy, and call-to-actions (CTAs) that encourage users to click and sign up. Pinterest does a great job at sharing creative tips and best practices. Using a tool like Stencil is perfect for helping you create beautiful pin designs.
- Optimizing for Discoverability: Utilize keywords relevant to your niche. The key is understanding what search terms someone would enter in the Pinterest search bar to learn more about your products and services. Knowing what makes your product unique is also an important piece when it comes to keyword research.
Tips for growing your list on Pinterest:
- When you create your pin titles, create 4 to 5 variations of the pin titles. This means sharing different pin titles on the graphics and in the pin title section on Pinterest.
- Test a combination of different keywords in your titles and descriptions. This will give you more chances of ranking up when various keywords are trending.
- Create video pins. Video marketing is really popular on Pinterest, and video content gets a lot of engagement.
Converting Social Media Leads into Email Subscribers
In addition to using search engine platforms like Pinterest or even YouTube, brands can leverage various social media platforms to grow their list by ensuring that email list growth is always top of mind and a part of your content calendar.
You should consistently look at your data, measure which platforms drive the most subscribers, and learn from this success to see how you can adapt and implement similar strategies for other platforms.
Testing New Platforms
While there are certain platforms better known for the results they drive for list growth, it’s important to consider testing other platforms, whether they are new up and coming or simply new on your radar.
We hope that these tips will make growing a list a top priority for you in 2024.